PlumpJack is very proud of the fact that our company invests a lot of time and money in the communities it serves.
Since its inception, PlumpJack has valued being an active contributor in its community. Over 20 years, we have given back to our community with in-kind contributions, support of local organizations and events, and countless hours of volunteerism. The personal touch of our employees and the inspiration that comes from them has done more good than a check or bottle of wine.
PlumpJack has given away approximately $2.5 million in goods including wine, gift baskets, hotel stays, clothing and more. The PlumpJack Wine Store in San Francisco's Cow Hollow district dedicates the window display to local charities with monthly fundraising events. From daily business decisions to annual philanthropic events, giving back to the community runs through the core of everything PlumpJack.
"PlumpJack knows that at the soul of a healthy organization is a deep connection and dedication to the community," states PlumpJack President Hilary Newsom. "As long as we are around, we will proudly continue to give to communities in need, and of course to those who are less fortunate. It is our honor and our pleasure."
PlumpJack believes if you don't do something, nothing is going to get better.
The fight against cancer is a cornerstone of PlumpJack philanthropy. In 2002, Tessa Newsom, Lieutenant Governor of California Gavin Newsom and Hilary Newsom's mother and PlumpJack Controller, lost her fight with breast cancer at the young age of 55. As family members of a breast cancer survivor and victim, Hilary and her husband Geoff Callan began their work to support treatment and the eventual cure of this disease.
- PlumpJack/LINK Golf Tournament: PlumpJack supports the work of the Cancer Prevention Institute of California through its largest fundraising event of the year, The PlumpJack/LINK Golf Tournament. Over the past 12 years more than $2.5 million has been donated to the CPIC for Cancer Research. During its 35th Anniversary Celebration, PlumpJack President, Hilary Newsom Callan and Geoff Callan were honored with the Doris Fisher Award for Service.
- Celebrity Servers: Each October PlumpJack joins with celebrity guest bartenders from the Raiders, 49ers and Golden State Warriors to raise money for the Cancer Prevention Institute of California. MatrixFillmore is packed with guests buying raffle tickets and tipping these local celebs.
- Tessa's Cuvee: The work of the Stanford Supportive Care Center (SSCC) is of great importance to The PlumpJack Family. The Cancer Survivorship Program sponsored by the SSCC recognizes the life-changing role this disease plays in the lives of all touched by it, even survivors. In honor of Tessa Newsom, PlumpJack came together with other wine community members to create Tessa's Cuvee. Courtney Benham and Martin Ray, the producer of PlumpJack's Negotiate wine, Speare, kindly donated 40 cases of Chardonnay to PlumpJack, allowing PlumpJack to give 100% of all proceeds of the $11.99 bottle of wine to the SSCC program started by Dr. Ernest Rosenbaum, Tessa Newsom's oncologist.
- This Old Bag- The Power of the Purse: PlumpJack supports The Breast Cancer Emergency Fund through its participation in This Old Bag: Power of the Purse. With President Hilary Newsom Callan as Co-Chair, this benefit auctions celebrity-owned handbags for the fight against breast cancer. In 2008 over $125,000 was raised in one night alone for this cause.
Other PlumpJack Community Events and Benefits:
- Holy Family Day Home: The oldest childcare center of its kind in San Francisco, Holy Family Day Home (HFDH) provides affordable, high quality early education child care to the children of working families, 70% of whom are classified as low to very low income. PlumpJack supports throughout the year. In November, the PJ Family goes down to the school and serves Thanksgiving Lunch to those who may not be able to celebrate with their families. During the Easter Season, PlumpJack delivers baskets filled with goodies and takes photos with the Easter Bunny. In June we send the Kindergarten class off to First Grade with backpacks donated by PlumpJack employees and filled with paper, crayons, pens and pencils.
- San Francisco Child Abuse Prevention Center: Each Holiday Season PlumpJackSport holds a trunk show in San Francisco. Shoppers who bring a toy for the the SF Child Abuse Prevention Center receive 10% off of their purchase.
- KIDDO!: Summer time is Kiddo! time at Balboa Cafe in Mill Valley. From Memorial Day to Labor Day proceeds from kids meals are donated to Kiddo!, the community run program that supports arts education in all of the Mill Valley public schools.
- Holiday Giving Trees: Each Holiday Season Balboa Cafes in San Francisco and Mill Valley place cards on trees and garland in the restaurants. The holiday wish of a child is written on each card. Guests and patrons can pull off a card, donate money to purchase the gift, and PlumpJack delivers all of the toys before the holidays. PlumpJack works with Holy Family Day Home and Toys for Tots for this benefit.
We recruit passion. Protect passion. Promote passion.
PlumpJack believes human capital can outweigh financial capital. Through PlumpJack University (PJU) over 900 PlumpJack employees have the opportunity to work directly with local charities, giving back to their community and enriching their lives and others. While much of the PJU curriculum serves to educate the PlumpJack Family on various topics such as healthy living, wine education and hospitality, a major portion of this program involves getting the PJ Family out on the road and helping others.
Click here to electronically submit your request or fax to 415.474.8792, Attn: Charitable Contributions.
3138 FILLMORE STREET
SAN FRANCISCO, CA 94123